Wednesday, April 14, 2010

OK - it has been a long time.

I am hoping to get better at doing this as a lot of things are about to happen and at a pretty quick pace. The end of the school year is coming quickly and it is time to plan the relocation of our family! I will spare you all of the details about the house hunt thus far. But we've looked at over a dozen homes with only one feeling like the one. Too bad it was too much. But things happen for a reason, and that wasn't the one.

But it is not just about the move. It's about turning the page in a book that I want to read. It's about doing today what I can and not putting things off for tomorrow. But it is also about catching the moments with family and friends that come and go so quickly. TAKE A BREAK and enjoy it! The word of the day is balance.

And, lastly, it is about taking care of yourself. About me taking care of myself physically, mentally, and socially. Moving is not going to be easy mentally. But I can work on it physically and socially so that the adjustments can be easier. So, today I started a new day. Not the best, but I started anew day.

Today I walked for 45 minutes outside after dropping my kids off at school. It was awesome! I hope to be back where I am running instead, but I knew better. Start slow and work up to it. I am not happy with my weight, my body shape etc. And this is something that I CAN CHANGE! There are somethings in life that I can't change. But my weight, I can!!!

SO, this is where I write my dedication. I dedicate the next 30 days to a friend of mine and her husband. They have been on the road to fitness for months now, and he has written very deep, inspiring and REAL emotions every week. I read them all, I don't always comment, but I take most of what he writes with me one way or another. He has shared so much that I have been able to relate with, so many things that I understand and so much that is REAL!

Today, I started the 30 day shred - and I dedicate these 30 days to my friend and her husband!
Don't know if I can go thirty days - but it is only 20 minutes a day. But today it kicked my butt. After I had walked 2 miles, I thought i felt good enough to add the 20 minutes. can you say - BUTT KICK! HA - But surely there could be results - if I stick to it. It's the play hard to win big concept. Or the ALL or nothing? Can I really go ALL IN? That means no wine for 30 days.
HMmMM --- don't know where it will take me, but for now, It got me through today. And all I can say for tomorrow is - GOOD LUCK!

No comments: