Monday, February 16, 2009

Back At It!

Well, I did get some things done this weekend. I did make it back to my "roots". I have to say that I can look at it that way. Years and years ago, I joined an online scrapping community - a kit club. I rarely got their kits, but they all treated my like one of their own. It really is the only place I hung out. It was too much to be involved all over the place. I am happy to say that I scrapped this weekend! 3 layouts and big plans to keep at it. I sit and look around my room and realize that this is where I am 100% me! I am not the most organized - But I do love it here, in my own room in the basement.

I also have to admit, that I spent much of today looking for a NEW TEMPLATE for my weblog. And although I thought I knew what I was doing, I can't say that I do. I have enjoyed many other blogs and their SERIOUS SKILLS at design and wonder if I should just stick to something simple. It sounds good right? It's not how it looks, its the content? Well, we'll see.

On with my life story. As mentioned above, I am sooo happy to get out the photos and the paper and all the other things that go along with scrap booking and now what keeps it from being FULL SPEED AHEAD is that we don't have a laptop right now. I think that it has impacted our family life in many many ways. Just hope that we get some $$$ from taxes (? ) so that we can get one.
That way, I think I will be online more often. My room doesn't have a window. And laptops are just so great anyway. So that is on my wish list.

Also, I have hige summer plans -- I am going to buy a POOL PASS for the summer! I hve plans to lose 10 more pounds before then. I have lost 5 so far. We will see. I am a SAHM who really doesn't spend enough time with my kids. And this way, it will get me out of the house more often so i don't spend all summer cleaning but more time playing. And who knows, we may not live near a pool like this next year. Want to see a pic?

Yes, look like fun - and my kids are at a great age right now. SO, I am going to do it! And of course, along with the pool, I am going to scrap more. I have to perfect the idea of speed scrapping. But most importantly, I want to be on the design team for scrapmuse.com. REALLY REALLY BADLY. I have all these great ideas - and I love general chit chat with other scrapbookers. So, we'll see and you will hear all about it.

Hmmm - what else? We had no school today and I have gotten caught up on laundry but still have my darling daughers bedroom to dig out. I don't know how she does it! But she does. She says it is an "invisible twister". In any case, I will get to that after I finsih here. Do you want to see the scrap pages that I did over the weekend? OK, I will post them. Not the best image quality, but I am working on that too.

This first LO is with Basic Grey papers, that I am good at collecting, just not good at using them. But I love the way the trees on the paper went with the trees of the photo. My DD likes to make wishes on dandelions. The funny thing is that she always wishes things for her brother. TOO FUNNY.

This next LO is from one of the ScrapMuse kits that I fell in love with. I think it was from JUNE 2008. I didn't do a LO right away b/c I didn't want to rush through this fabulous paper. It is CRATE PAPER and I have grown very fond of it with the texture and the 2 sided cardstocks. NICE to work with. Anyway, thanks for looking here. I also plan on posting this pretty neat Valentine idea I did for my DS kindergarten class. Its pretty easy, and maybe you have seen it before. I have to get some good photos though.

And that is it for now. 2 loads of laundry left and I am a free woman!

No comments: